Clear Channel to enhance radio ads with RDS

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Thu Jan 1 11:17:57 EST 2004

Dan Strassberg:
> For nationally distributed products, however, the system might be more
> efficient when used in conjunction with satellite radio (XM,
> Sirius) than
> with terrestrial radio. Sure sounds like a Brave New
> World--an Orwellian
> Brave New World--to me!

I agree.  And thanks for that great explanation of how the serpentine process
would work.  If the calls to action are audible cues (how else to sell the
concept?) then what's the real reason for a physical display on the  radio
unit?  It should not need to put so much value-added info on display creating
another cockpit distraction, IMHO.  I, for one, would give it a try, at least
once, just to see how it goes.  I'd also do it more with stations that I
support and want to encourage.  A chain station (that doesn't at least try to
be local) would never, ever, get my biz in that manner. I'd just listen...for
free.

Could expand to be a confidence vote for stations who could turn the data in
to sales information.

Bill O'Neill