Stern & C.C.

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Fri Feb 27 17:12:16 EST 2004

 --
>> Sven Weil
>> New York City
> His clones remind us that the Peter Principle is alive and well in this
>business and have mismatched the ammo in their weaponry.
>
>Bill O'Neill

That Bill...he submits puns even when he doesn't realize it!
To bring up (in a manner of speaking) the "Peter Principle"
with regard to potty-mouth talk-show hosts, may confuse
those who are unfamiliar with the term.  It was in a satire
of management-speak I believe by a gentleman whose last
name was Peter that the term "Peter Principle" first appeared.
It meant that those who are promoted in their chosen
field can display competence until they are promoted to
the next-level and then become "incompetent".
In a way it may not necessarily refer to an imitator of
someone else, unless you assume that the imitator is not at the
"competence" of the source.

Laurence Glavin