Stern & C.C.

Sven Franklyn Weil sven@gordsven.com
Fri Feb 27 10:16:18 EST 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> What I *really* don't understand is why the CBS hourly news the other
> night made it sound as if CCU had `fired' Stern (which of course it

Maybe it's a case of clueless corporate drones.  They don't take the time
to even find out what other businesses their own employer is involved in.

The proper way to announce this would be: "Radio station owner Clear
Channel suspended carriage of the Howard Stern show over its radio
stations."  Somewhere in the story, mention that Stern is a product of
Viacom, parent company of CBS and W Bla Bla Bla.

How come the reporters at Bloomberg can do this when they mention
something that tangentially involves their employer (so and so is a
partner in Bloomberg LP, parent company of WBBR - or something to that
effect).

--
Sven Weil
New York City