WBZ is off the air

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Sat Feb 21 12:29:22 EST 2004

>DATE: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:11:27
>From: Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com>
>To: bri@bostonradio.org

>They made it back on at 11:03, mid-commercial, with >Mark Cohen accidentally
>on-mic through the end of the commercial, then into a >legal ID, then into
>the news just as though it were the top of the hour.
>
>Wonder what happened

On rare occasions, when skywaves are really flying, I've
turned my most sensitive radio (the one I use to listen
to LTAR) "sideways" to Hull, and I've noticed the merest
glimmer of something else on 1030, and I've been led
to believe it was a station in Tennesse.  This was not just at
sunset, when I think I heard interference from a 1030 near
Washington, DC, but late at night.  WBZ's frequency must be one
of the quietest of the original 25 clear channels these
days.