A couple of Notes

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Fri Feb 20 20:02:14 EST 2004

  Paul Hopfgarten wrote:
>BTW: Whomever was reponsible for "local cut-ins" during the Bruins game
>Thursday Night on 107.7 WTPL Hillsborough was "asleep at the switch" because
>the WBZ local ads and IDs were all being carried on 'TPL during the 3rd
>period and post game, and the switch to ESPN Game Night after the Bruins
>Network signed off consisted of about 1 minute of dead air without ANY local
>ID, then right into ESPN.

Bruins games are automated on WTPL.  WBZ is a bit sloppy about sending the
correct tones for breaks & legal ID.  I've had the PD record games for me &
we've looked at audio for mis-fired events in CoolEdit...every time the
automation did exactly what the network told it to do.  We've had similar
problems with WRKO and the Sox, though they were much better last year.