the company that runs WALE Super Max (990-AM) has filed for bankruptcy

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Thu Feb 19 16:28:27 EST 2004

Show of hands here...

Is there ANYONE in the New England broadcast community who didn't know that
there were environmental problems at that transmitter site? I remember
going to visit it way back in 1993 or so and having more than one engineer
ask me if I was glowing afterward!

I also like how they're still claiming they plan to change the calls of 990
to "WMAX." Sorry, guys...those calls are still just as taken in Michigan as
they were the first time that idea got floated.