Mexican Radio Stations Interfering In U.S.

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Wed Feb 18 20:13:51 EST 2004

At 08:00 PM 2/18/2004 -0500, Dan Billings wrote:
> [...]

There sure is - a treaty between the US and Mexico that was signed in the
mid-80s. It's available at the FCC website as a very long PDF; I can post
the link if anyone's really interested.

The treaty provides a mechanism for complaints to be handled, and that
procedure is apparently being followed...but it moves very slowly.

I have heard speculation - entirely unconfirmed - that Mexico believes the
US has breached the treaty by allowing AM IBOC on the air, and this is its
way of retaliating. I'm not sure I believe that.