The old WNAC-TV--Channel 7

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 13:15:59 EST 2004

Ah, yes..."The Major"..... He brought up a lot of kids
in the 1960's and 70's on Channel 7.  Lets see now....

"Take an I and B and B and a Y means I'll be blasting
you!!!  With Major Mudd and The Nervous One and lots
of fun for you........" or something of that nature!

  Does anyone have the lyrics to the "IBBY" song?

Major Mudd was one of a kind.  After the Channel 7
network change to CBS in 1972, his show was cut back
dramatically.  Later on in 1973, it became a once a
week Saturday morning show called "Skittle Alley" with
Major in his street clothes with a live audience (on
tape of course).  He no longer wore his "space
costume".  It was about the time his health
deteriorated after his long battle from diabetes which
robbed him of his sight and eventually his life in the
early 1980's.  Yes, he was a major part of WNAC-TV for
so many years.

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts

--- Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> wrote:
> Has anyone mentioned the late great "Major Mudd"?
> Wasn't he on the old
> channel 7?  I know he didn't start his career in
> Boston, but he was
> certainly here for a long while...

=====
Peter Q. George (K1XRB)