Non broadcast Question

Sid Schweiger
Thu Feb 5 20:09:42 EST 2004

>>Doesn't this gentleman, and the police, need an FCC license to "transmit" radar signals?<<

They certainly do.  It's called a "radiopositioning" license, and it specifies how many units are to be used by the agency holding the license.  Police radar is definitely NOT a Part 15 device.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Boston MA  02135-2040

More information about the Boston-Radio-Interest mailing list