Uncle Charlie's not amused

Brian Vita brian_vita@cssinc.com
Tue Feb 3 11:22:08 EST 2004

> >>Wait a minute, how can the FCC fine the CBS relays for just carrying
> something?  That's not fair.  They weren't expecting this to
> happen....<<
>
> That what I meant by "the ultimate 'gotcha.'"  Theoretically
> they can fine the stations...it was, by FCC definition,
> indecent.  Realistically, it would be grossly unfair, and
> tied up in the courts for quite a while.
>
> Remember too that CBS, although not regulated as a network,
> owns TV stations which would be subject to fines too.

This may be a situation where crap rolls up hill.  If the stations and
affiliates are fined, I can see the litigation working its way up the food
chain to MTV and Janet Jackson's organization to subrogate the damages.

Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
77 Walnut St. - Ste 4
Peabody, MA  01960-5691 USA