107.9-WXKS (Testing?) w/IBOC

Stephanie Weil sven@gordsven.com
Wed Dec 22 12:28:26 EST 2004

> Don't know when they started, but as of at 11:30am this morning (Wed
> 22 Dec), WXKS-107.9 is throwing off the all-too-well-known,
> high-pitch IBOC sideband buzz!

I don't get it.  I can understand the side-band buzz on AM (such as WBZ
and WOR here in New York), plus the added hiss on the main channel.

But I've never noticed that problem with IBOC-FM.  We have WNEW-FM doing
IBOC and there's no sideband buzz anymore.  I do remember that happening
when they were first testing the equipment but they seemed to have solved
that problem.

--
Stephanie Weil
New York City