Paul Sullivan Named David Drudnoy's Replacement

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sun Dec 12 12:14:20 EST 2004

   WBZ Radio's Paul Sullivan has been named to succeed the late David
Brudnoy. In an interview in today's Lowell Sun, Sullivan said that one of
Brudnoy's last requests was "give my slot to Paul Sullivan".

    For now, Sullivan will hold down the 7-10 PM slot, with guest hosts
covering 10-Midnight. Sometime in January, WBZ will expand Sullivan to 4
hours, from 8 to Midnight. They will fill the 7 to 8 PM hour with the
regular news format. Note that Sullivan will begin undergoing chemotherapy
treatments shortly, this could keep him off the air every now & then, but he
is up for the challenges of that and filling the void left with the passing
of David Brudnoy.

    Unfortunately Paul Sullivan's interview is not on the Lowell Sun website
as of the time I am posting this. If it does show up later, I will post the
link to it.

Mark Watson