WBIX has new positioner

Dan Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Sat Dec 11 16:21:56 EST 2004

Not like the bankrupt station has gone to great expense (or even necessarily
any expense) to do it, but WBIX has a new "positioner," voiced by a guy who
I think works for Alex Langer at WSRO. "News-Talk 1060--the NEW WBIX,
Natick-Boston." Officially, then, Langer has ended WBIX's run as a business
station. Nevertheless, Clark Howard's personal-finance show and Jim Kramer's
stock-market show are both still on--including the Kramer rerun at 6:00 PM.
(Or to be more correct, the shows were still on on Friday; things seem to
change without warning from one day to the next.) Bruce Williams is no
longer on in the evenings, although I was mistaken when I called Williams's
show the dullest program in radio. Whatever is on in its place is even
duller. And speaking of dull, I guess that Frankie Boyer who does that awful
"health" show on WROL and WSRO is paying Langer a little extra to have the
show on the big 1060 signal. Or maybe Langer is throwing in WBIX; Boyer has
been a good customer of Langer's stations for quite a few years and, as long
as the transmitter is on, I guess it doesn't cost him anything extra to run
her program on WBIX. Would be nice if Upton Bell, who I believe leased time
from Langer when WBIX was WMEX, would come back. The 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM slot
would be ideal for Bell to pick up where he left off, what, three years ago?
His program was not half bad; in fact, occasionally, it was pretty decent.

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net
eFax 707-215-6367