Portland Press Herald article on Media Consolidation

Mark Laurence mlaurence@mindspring.com
Mon Dec 6 20:53:53 EST 2004

On Dec 6, 2004, at 5:49 PM, Daniel Billings wrote:

>> Establishing a new cross-ownership isn't legal anyway.
>
> That's the whole point -- Blethen is opposing consolidation in the
> media.

I'm confused.  The man who wants to put the Seattle Post Intellligencer
out of business and run a newspaper monopoly in Seattle, and who wants
to enable monopoly newspapers to own TV in their own market, thus
controlling the top two sources of news in a community, is opposed to
consolidation in the media?  How's that?

Mark