The FM band; WESX on FM, etc

A. Joseph Ross lawyer@attorneyross.com
Thu Dec 2 01:29:52 EST 2004

On 1 Dec 2004 at 16:59, Laurence Glavin wrote:

> The station was on 105.3 (now in Kittery, ME) and used the
> call letters WUPY or was it WUPI?  The tower still exits on
> Route 1 just north of the City of Sin.

Both, actually.  First it was WUPY, with ads mostly from Anthony's restaurants,  Hawthorne,
Hawthorne by the Sea, and the General Gloverhouse.  Then the station went off the air for a
time, and then came back for awhile as WUPI.  All this was in the early 60s.  I believe it was
gone by 1964 or so -- perhaps earlier.