Mobile Studios

Jason Roberts - WCTB/WHQO/WSKW maine.radio@verizon.net
Sun Aug 29 21:04:34 EDT 2004

Is Bob sure it was WBET?

WMSX in Brockton had a very old Winnebago during their "Talk of Metro South"
phase. I had been told it was one of WBZ's old units, I believe a Marathon
Machine(?) It was in very bad shape and I always questioned its
roadworthiness, but it looked pretty good. It was so old that the driver's
side wall was attached at the top and back of the vehicle, but not
completely along the front and bottom, so when I drove the wind caught it
and I could see the road below through at least a foot-wide gap. That thing
scared me, but it was a great moving advertisement. During my time as
operations manager there I never let anyone else drive it.