Barron's: Is this the future of radio?

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Aug 28 17:16:29 EDT 2004

At 11:05 AM 8/28/2004 -0400, Dan S. wrote:
>So read the large headline on the cover of the 8/30/04 issue of Barron's
>(weekly), sister publication of the Wall Street Journal. Beneath the
>headline and a very bearish deckhead on the dismal future of radio as an
>investment, is a picture of a 1930's-era classic table radio draped with
>cobwebs.

I subscribe and will be happy to send anyone who wants it a copy of the
article in full-text. And yes, it IS depressing, as depressing as driving
across the state of Massachusetts several days ago and hearing the same
programs syndicated on station after station after station.   Oh do I miss
live, local radio...