Bad radio on WVOM

Daniel Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Fri Aug 27 21:44:03 EDT 2004

I should have posted this earlier in the week but anyone who tuned into the
morning talk show on Clear Channel's WVOM 103.3 Howland or WCME 96.7
Boothbay Harbor heard some of the worst sounding radio ever.  Mike Violette
left the show last week and starts at WGAN on Monday.  CC brought back
former host Leo this week.  The problem is that they tried to do it with him
in Bangor and his co-host Eric in Augusta, where the show has been based for
the last two and a half years.  The result was a technical disaster.  Both
hosts sounded horrible and when they could get callers on the air, they
sounded even worse.  I could not believe that they kept it up all week.
When they couldn't fix the problem, I would have thought they would have
told Leo to take the drive to Augusta.  This was no way to try to keep
listeners after a popular host leaves.  Big time amateur hour by a huge
corporation.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine