Maury Parent - R.I.P.

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Thu Aug 19 22:17:42 EDT 2004

  Ed Brouder wrote:

> I understand Nashua radio icon Maury Parent died of a > heart attack this
afternoon while on his way to a >WMEX remote.

    What a shock. I just heard a couple of minutes of his "French Program"
on WSNH (900 Nashua)  this past Sunday while scanning the dial. In fact, he
did a spot for a pizza shop in English, unusual for the show because usually
all the commercials are in French. He had been hosting the French Program in
Nashua for what seems to have been forever. In fact, Maury may have been one
of (if not the only) Nashua radio personality to have been on all the
incarnations of 900 (WOTW, WMVU, WOTW again, WSNH, and he may have mentioned
the WMEX calls even though it appears they ahven't applied for them yet). He
was also GM at WSMN (1590) for several years, along with hosting the "Open
Line" talk show and the French Program before he was let go and ended up
back at 900.

   He also was a mobile DJ for weddings and parties for many years, in fact
he was the DJ when my cousin married one of his nieces back in 1977. That
was the first time I met him. I only met him a few times after that, but he
was very well known in Nashua and the Merrimack Valley. He will be missed.
Rest In Peace.

Mark Watson