Steve Miller Band on WRKS New York??

Matthew Osborne mattosborne1976@yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 18:01:45 EDT 2004

This afternoon on my way home from work I was scanning
the FM dial and heard one of the oddest things - I hit
WRKS (98.7 FM) New York City, and the song "Fly Like
An Eagle" by the Steve Miller Band played, in its
entirety.  For those of you not familiar, WRKS has an
Urban AC format.  The song was then followed by a
standard 98.7 Kiss FM jingle and a song by R Kelly.
Does anyone here have any clue why an Urban AC station
would play a song like that, in its entirety, being so
far away from its format?  (A clip of it I can
understand, if it was part of another program element,
but not the whole thing)

                             Matt Osborne
                             Poughkeepsie, NY