"Air America" Coming To WSNH-AM Nashua?

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Wed Apr 21 17:15:32 EDT 2004

Cc: bri@bostonradio.org

>The only AM station licensed to Santa Cruz is KSCO-AM
>1080. There are no such calls as KPEE there or
>anywhere near that area.
>
>Roy Lawrence
>San Francisco, CA
>
>--- Dan Strassberg <dan.strassberg@att.net> wrote:
>> As far as I can tell, there is no KPEE (AM) licensed
>> to Santa Cruz or
>> anywhere else. Maybe an FM. Maybe an unlicensed
>> broadcaster. Maybe a Part 15
>> station--but not a regular AM.
>>
>> --
>> Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net
>> eFax 707-215-6367

Upon further investigation of website

http://www.airamericaradio.com/pub/resStations.htm

I note that "KPEE" is the only station not followed by
a frequency.  The aforementioned WSNH has its frequency
along with all the other putative new stations listed.
Perhaps some station in the Santa Cruz area plans to
change the calls to KPEE after changing format.
(It doesn't have to be IN Santa Cruz;  O'Reilly's
syndicator claims major markets for outlying stations...
WTSN-AM 1270 Dover, NH is listed as a Boston area affiliate).
Or perhaps KPEE is an internet radio station, doing
streaming audio, thus the 'PEE' in KPEE.