College stations and bad language

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Wed Apr 21 08:30:45 EDT 2004

  A. Joseph Ross wrote:
> > "Kodachrome" by Paul Simon began its first verse with the "crap" line and
> > the second verse with the "girls" line.  Did WBZ really edit the song so
> > that the line to the second verse played twice?
>
>I can't say for sure that WBZ was the one that did the edit, but that's
>the version that I heard
>on WBZ at the time.  WMEX, meanwhile, played the unedited version with the
>"crap" line.

WBZ-FM played a very clunky edit that just cut the words "the crap" ...the
attempt was probably to get "when I think back on all/I learned in high
school", but succeded in only making it sound like the record skipped.  I'd
guess the AM played the same edit.

I somehow recall WRKO playing the song intact.