Air America must find new Los Angeles, Chicago stations

Dan Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Tue Apr 20 23:32:47 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sid Schweiger" <sid@wrko.com>
To: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 11:06 PM
Subject: Re: Air America must find new Los Angeles, Chicago stations

> I've heard that they expect to lose money for the first two years, but
that was before they lost their affiliations in the #2 and #3 markets.  How
quickly those stations are replaced may well have everything to do with AA's
survival...not to even mention that their programming is still not going to
get them very far.

I'll have to take your word on the quality of their programming.  ;-)

The business model interests me.  Paying for time on stations in major
markets while trying to establish a network sounds like a recipe for
financial disaster to me.  The recent problems must make sales nearly
impossible.

Maybe liberal talk can work, but I think they would have had a better chance
of success if they tried a business model that had worked before in radio.

Of course, what do liberals know about business?

Just a joke!  ;-)

I bet Bob Bitner could make a killing if he wanted to sell all the time on
his station to this group.  A station licensed to Cambridge would be a
natural for them.  Bob could spend the summer in Maine and the music would
likely be back on 740 before the end of the year.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine