College stations and bad language

Larry Lovering news@southstation.org
Tue Apr 20 06:53:58 EDT 2004

"Kodachrome" by Paul Simon began its first verse with the "crap" line and
the second verse with the "girls" line.  Did WBZ really edit the song so
that the line to the second verse played twice?

-Larry
www.southstation.org

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
A. Joseph Ross
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 11:03 PM
To: Bob Nelson
Cc: boston-radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
Subject: Re: College stations and bad language

And someone (Paul Simon, I think) had a record in the early 70s that began,
"When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school, it's a wonder I
can think at all."  Some stations played it that way, but WBZ modified it,
dubbing in the first line of the next verse, so that it went, "When I think
of all the girls I knew when I was single, it's a wonder I can think at
all."
It made a lot less sense that way.