College stations and bad language

A. Joseph Ross lawyer@attorneyross.com
Mon Apr 19 23:03:07 EDT 2004

On 19 Apr 2004 at 4:55, Bob Nelson wrote:

> Van Morrison's "Brown Eyed Girl" had the line "making
> love in the green grass behind the stadium with you,"
> which got changed to "laughin' and a runnin', hey hey,
> behind the stadium..."

And someone (Paul Simon, I think) had a record in the early 70s that began, "When I think
back on all the crap I learned in high school, it's a wonder I can think at all."  Some stations
played it that way, but WBZ modified it, dubbing in the first line of the next verse, so that it
went, "When I think of all the girls I knew when I was single, it's a wonder I can think at all."
It made a lot less sense that way.