Ducting (skip) on upper VHF TV channels, UHF TV and FM this Monday morning

Paul Hopfgarten paul@03038.com
Mon Apr 19 14:00:38 EDT 2004

Ch 12 is also PBS in Maine, so it could also have been (WMEB?) though the
orientation does seem to be South..

-Paul Hopfgarten
-East Derry NH

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org]On Behalf
Of Peter Q. George
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 1:05 PM
To: John Bolduc; boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: Re: Ducting (skip) on upper VHF TV channels,UHF TV and FM this
Monday morning

The band was hopping.  The Channel 12 and 13 PBS
stations you saw were WHYY/12 Wilmington, DE
(Philadelphia) and WNET/13 Newark, NJ (New York).  The
trop was not that as strong as predicted.

However, I did pretty well myself..... (at around
9:00AM)
WCBS/2  NY (under local WGBH)
WFSB/3  CT (common here)
WNBC/4  NY (under local WBZ)
WNYW/5  NY (under local WCVB)
WTTG/5  DC (under local WCVB)
WJLA/7  DC (under local WHDH)
WABC/7  NY (under local WHDH)
WTNH/8  CT
WUSA/9  DC (fighting with WMUR)
WPIX/11 NY
WPHL/17 PA (with good ol' Jerry Springer)
WNYE/25 NY (under local WFXT)
WGTW/48 PA

And had local reception of WPFW/89.3 Washington
(Pacifica Radio in the Nation's Capital), where the
talk show host scolded the caller after the caller
said "Let's kill those Iraqi ?$#@&^*"", after which
the host cut the caller off immediately and said "This
station will not tolerate swears and condone such
actions.  If you feel that way, go on YOUR time and
sign up, otherwise......".  He was obviously he was
peeved!

73,

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts

--- John Bolduc <n1qgs@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The band was quite open this morning.
>
> Channel 7 and 25 from Boston were unwatchable, due
> to NYC and NJ stations
> I suspect.
>
> Chaneel 12 and Channel 13 both had Sesame Street
> between 7 and 8 AM, not
> the usual Providence Portland stations.
>
> WDRC 102.9 Hartford was totally over WBLM Portland.
>
> John
>
> Derry NH
>
> =====
> New Hampshire Statewide Notification Assn (Fire
> Buffs) - Fire and Rescue Logs, audio clips, fire
> history, photos for New Hampshire and New England
> at:  http://www.geocities.com/nhswna

> Yahoo! Photos: High-quality 4x6 digital prints for
> 25¢
> http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash

=====
Peter Q. George (K1XRB)