College stations and bad language

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 07:55:12 EDT 2004

--- "A. Joseph Ross" <lawyer@attorneyross.com> wrote:

> On altered versions of songs, I remember a song in
> the early 60s called "My Boomerang
> Won't Come Back,"

Yup, have heard about the altered version via Dr.
Demento!

Van Morrison's "Brown Eyed Girl" had the line "making
love in the green grass behind the stadium with you,"
which got changed to "laughin' and a runnin', hey hey,
behind the stadium..."

Charlie Daniels "Devil Went Down to Georgia": "'Cause
I told you once, you son of a b--ch" became "'Cause
I told you once, you son of a gun".

And an altered lyric that had nothing to do with
cuss words: John Fogerty "got back" at Fantasy
Records mogul Saul Zaentz with "Zanz can't dance
but he'll steal your money; watch him or he'll
rob you blind", which was supposedly about a dancing
pig. It was changed to "Vanz Can't Danz". About this
time, Fogerty was being sued by Zaentz because Zaentz
had the rights to Fogerty's songs and his "Old Man
Down the Road" sounded a little TOO close to
the Creedence tune "Run Through The Jungle" (Fogerty
plagiarizes himself and gets sued for it!) But I digress.