"Unlicensed broadcaster" (or something) on 540 AM in Belmont area

Garrett Wollman wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Sun Apr 18 11:52:41 EDT 2004

<<On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 11:10:51 -0400, "Dan Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net> said:

> At no time have I heard any IDs or announcements. There is little dead air
> between selections--possibly suggesting that the mix was created for
> broadcast--as opposed to being just a CD changer.

These days, you probably wouldn't use a CD changer anyway; you'd use
one of the numerous digital media players with the songs on hard
drive.  These systems, when accompanied by the right options or
``plug-ins'', can sound every bit as ``professional'' as a commercial
automation package.  (Some stations are actually run ``on the cheap''
using programs like these.)  Your clue is the lack of any sort of
identification or jock patter.

-GAWollman