WLLO-LP 102.9 Londonderry - more comments

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 13:38:38 EDT 2004

As a big supporter for LPFM, I expect that WLLO-LP is
going through "growing pains", trying to get all of
the kinks out of their equipment.  Give them a chance
and they just might surprise you.  As for the EAS bit,
I'm sure they will get it all together.  With "The Man
from Mars" running the NH EAS program, I'm sure the
citizens of NH are well prepared for any emergency.

Here in the South Shore of Boston we have a high
school station at Rockland High School, WRPS-FM
(88.3).  While it is not an LPFM per-say, it is a
grandfathered Class A, which came to the air in
January, 1974 as a mono Class D (10 watt) on 91.5.
Today, it is 24/7, 100 watt Stereo station.  During
the school year, the kids have a practical experience
after school, on the air.  All other times, it is
automated Hot Top-40 music in Stereo.  I might not
like the music at times, but I like the fact that they
cater quite well to the Rockland community and beyond.
 They also provide coverage of the Rockland School
Committee meetings and the yearly Town Meeting.  All
in all, it's a good sounding station.

Support these small stations.  They are the only means
for LOCAL and live programming left, to some cities in
towns that get nothing but "lip service" from the
full-powered stations.

73,

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts