Nassau Flipped Today

Sid Whitaker sid.whitaker@unh.edu
Wed Apr 14 12:51:59 EDT 2004

Dan's point about putting "The Bone" format on 107.5 was my question too, as I
tried in vain this morning to get 106.7 or 104.7 on my clock radio in Portland,
while 107.5 was an easy catch. The trouble wasn't entirely my radio though;
104.7 spent some time this morning off air (confirmed when I punched up 104.7
in my car a short time later and got Belfast).

By comparison, the 107.5 signal blankets all of Portland, Lewiston, and
everything within a 50+ mile radius and is solid deep into York county; heck,
it's listenable all the way to Portsmouth. If you're going after 'BLM, it would
seem to make more sense to use your best signal to do so...

Interesting that we now have Stern in this market; some 10+ years after his
national debut, and interesting timing as well. I wonder what Nassau's paying
to get him on in North Windham/Kennebunkport. I'll be curious to see what
listeners around here think. Ray Routhier had a piece in today's Press Herald
about Nassau's new formats.

http://www.pressherald.com/news/local/040414newradio.shtml

Sid Whitaker