Nassau comes to town

Dan Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Sun Apr 11 14:58:00 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net>
To: "Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2004 12:46 PM
Subject: Re: Nassau comes to town

> And when, exactly, would an interview of a candidate during a campaign NOT
> be considered a news event,

Probably never.  But the event that started this discussion was not an
interview but WMTW broadcasting John Kerry speeches.  The Sharpton
appearance on SNL is another example.  I think under the law that I posted,
the Bush campaign would have a legitimate complaint if a station gave the
Kerry campaign an hour to do with what they wanted everyday for the month of
October.

IMHO, all these laws should be repealed.  Station owners should have the
same rights to be biased as newspaper owners.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine