LEO 103 on the air in Londonderry NH

John Bolduc n1qgs@yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 12:22:01 EDT 2004

WLLO-LP 102.9 is on the air in Londonderry NH. The grand official opening
is scheduled for this Saturday. It's run by or out of Londonderry High
School.
LHS is about 1/2 mile from the geographic center of Londonderry.

Transmission pattern seams to be directional (north/south), although that
may be due to the terrain. Londonderry is 8 miles tall and 4.5 miles wide.
1.5 miles to the east the signal gets clobbered by WBLM Portland (this may
be partially due to the fact that the land to the east drops off greatly
in altitude and may be in a signal shadow. However, six miles to the north
it provides a rugged signal, even on the other side of a hill that should
block a good part of the signal.

The WLLO-LP signal now prevents my listening to WBLM Portland at my home,
5.0 miles NNE of the High School.

John
East Derry

=====