93.7 now all xmas

Nostaticatall nostaticatall@comcast.net
Wed Nov 26 15:41:01 EST 2003

If a listener is tuning out because they don't want to hear non stop
holiday tunes, chances are the advertiser won't care because that person
is not their target.  Advertisers, particularly retailers, WANT to reach
listeners that are in the holiday spirit and willing to spend money.  If
you're cruising around listening to Christmas songs, retailers want you
to hear their message!  Plus, over the last couple of years, stations
that have adopted all Christmas formats have enjoyed noticeable ratings
spikes in the last four to five weeks of the fall book.  Sure, WODS and
Star will lose a few listeners during the holiday season, but they'll
probably gain more than they lose during the period.  If I was buying
airtime and wanted to reach the 35-54 female, I'd probably buy ODS and
Star--at least through Christmas Day.

Mike Thomas