Fwd: RE: Fwd: WFXT 'Been QRP; WODS 'Gone Jingle Bellin'

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Tue Nov 25 17:35:13 EST 2003

>DATE: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:56:21
>From: "Paul Hopfgarten" <hopfgapr@sprynet.com>
>To: "Laurence Glavin" <lglavin@lycos.com>,boston->radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org

>Isn't 890 now WAMG (taking the calls from 1150)? >Also, I noticed even a
>stronger Daytime signal on 890 recently here in >Derry...

I noticed a stronger daytime signal on 890 whatever the calls
too;  I theorized that Mega was taking AM 890 seriously now
that it's the primary outlet for the Boston area (even though
WLLH touches on the northern half and appeared in the latest
'trends...but not WNNW-AM 800);
perhaps the engineering department let AM 890 slide while
1150 was en Espagnol, then decided to being 890 up to specs.
When it was C-net radio, it went from almost inaudible to
challenging then-WMVU/WOTW, which is what it's doing now.

Laurence Glavin