Fwd: Kennedy (and bringing it back to radio, TV)

Richard Chonak rac@gabrielmass.com
Sat Nov 22 19:21:49 EST 2003

Sean Smyth noted:
>>As a side note, it's not nice sharing a birthday with >the date of
>>America's most infamous assassination (I was born on >the 15th
>>anniversary of JFK's death).

and Laurence Glavin offered:
> If it will make you feel better, in the Catholic Church,
> November 22nd is St. Cecilia's day, and she's portrayed
> as the Patron Saint of music;  Handel, a Protestant, wrote
> a musical piece called "Ode to St. Cecilia".

Composer Benjamin Britten wrote one too, to words by W.H. Auden.

Sean can also find company in authors Aldous Huxley or C.S. Lewis
-- incidentally, the latter's BBC radio talks are still in print.
They both died on the same day in 1963, along with JFK.

Boston connection: BC prof Peter Kreeft took the coincidence of
the three deaths as an opportunity, and wrote a play imagining
their meeting on their way to the Great Somewhere.

-_RC