Fwd: Shake-up at WEEI

Nostaticatall nostaticatall@comcast.net
Sat Nov 22 16:46:33 EST 2003

That's because WVEI has a horrible signal!  Sure, it sound fine in
Worcester, Auburn and parts of Shrewsbury, but everywhere else it's
static-y or downright unlistenable, especially at night.  When I lived
in Northboro a few years back, I could barely pull the station in after
sunset.  850 actually came in better, if you can believe that!  WTAG has
solid coverage throughout Central Mass, both day and night.  It's a
better value for the Sox to be on WTAG, even if Entercom isn't bringing
in the local revenue from Worcester.  WVEI's day signal is OK enough for
them to simulcast WEEI's daytime programming, but not much else.  Heck,
I think 1440 just runs satellite sports after 6pm on nights where
there's no Pawsox game.  They don't even bother simulcasting Ted
Sarandis' show--at least that was the case the last time I was in
Worcester at night.

Mike Thomas