Where I Was 40 Years Ago (a radio story)

Dan Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Fri Nov 21 20:13:32 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill O'Neill" <billo@shoreham.net>
To: "'Dan Billings'" <billings@suscom-maine.net>;
<boston-radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org>
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 7:58 PM
Subject: RE: Where I Was 40 Years Ago (a radio story)

>  Reminds me of an
> old George Carlin bit where he says something like, "I remember what my
> grandfather used to say to me when I was a small boy....'GET THE
<expletive
> deleted> OFF MY LAP!'"

George Carlin -- an old Boston radio guy.  (So we are on topic).  He was on
Imus awhile after the O.J. trial and when the I-man asked him what he
thought about it, he said "How come nobody ever asks if they had it coming?"

Even the I-man was a little shocked.

As for my grandfather's reaction  -- if something happened to the current
President, I think there are lots of people who would have the same reaction
as my grandfather did.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine