Where I Was 40 Years Ago (a radio story)

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Fri Nov 21 17:35:43 EST 2003

it was asked
>Would someone care to explain what people mean by "innocent" and "the
>world changed", etc.

I am the one who said the world changed.  What I meant was that for me, the
world first changed the "day the music died", when the Big Bopper and Buddy
Holly and Richie Valens were killed.  And it changed again when JFK was
assassinated.  I was just a kid and kids don't think much about death-- and
when they do think about it, it's usually because an elderly person passed
away.  But these people were all young, and they were people that many of
us admired or identified with.  That's what I meant.