Brattleboro Selectboard passes diluted resolution for rfb

RogerKola@aol.com RogerKola@aol.com
Thu Nov 20 22:36:45 EST 2003

In a message dated 11/20/03 9:03:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
steveord@bit-net.com writes:

> Again, huh?!?!?  I don't see where the FCC implies that governing of the
>  airwaves is a local, not a federal issue.  Part 15 states 100mW
>  power.  It's pretty clear.  The FCC has jurisdiction here, not the
>  Brattleboro city council.

To make my point clearer, without rambling on, the lack of FCC decision
making in all of the cases, including LPFM, has created chaos in all of the
mentioned services under its' jurisdiction...

As for Part 15...if you only control the measured power and not the ERP, you
leave a situation where a properly located 100mw transmitter with an
appropriately designed antenna system on a tower or mountaintop has the same range as a
10w station in a less desirable location with a less efficient antenna
system....this would mean that the FCC does not care to regulate "coverage" areas
but leaves that to the "susceptible to interference" rule.

As Part 15 has no "bite" as to interference, my point is that local
authorities or judicial system would come into effect as the remediators for any "on
channel" interference complaints in the Broadcast Bands.

If the local authorities become mediators...do they have authority?

Roger
WA1KAT

The question becomes....