Court orders requiring the company (Onstar) to help agents intercept conversations taking place in a car equipped with the system.

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Thu Nov 20 09:13:22 EST 2003

  Brian Vita wrote:
>Slightly off topic but very scary to think about when you consider where
>this can go to.

Are you sure this was Onstar?  I thought it was a GM subsidiary (and only
available on GM cars), and there was mention of it being installed in a
Mercedes.

That having been said, there is a lot of "big brother is watching"
potential in products like Onstar, Lojack and the like.  I'm not sure I'd
want to have anything like that in a vehicle I owned (not that it's a big
concern anytime soon given the vintage of vehicles I drive :-/)