water and ground waves in DX

Garrett Wollman wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Nov 17 00:30:37 EST 2003

<<On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 21:19:34 -0800, Kevin Vahey <kvahey@tmail.com> said:

> OK this one has me stumped. A few days ago while near Foxboro at 530 PM
> another signal came over WBZ on 1030 playing polka music followed by a
> commercial in a language I think was polish.... Anybody have a clue???

WNVR Vernon Hills, Ill.  I'm certain Mark Manuelian will be pleased to
find out....

(Actually, it's possible that they were still legally on day power
when you heard them, since sunset in Illinois is about an hour later
than it is here.  By 5:30 EST, the control point for that path would
already be in darkness.)

-GAWollman