WAAF Worcest..errr... Westborough!

Paul Anderson paulranderson@charter.net
Sat Nov 15 16:39:04 EST 2003

On Nov 15, 2003, at 4:26 PM, Sean Smyth wrote:

> Steve O. writes:
>>> That's only 5.  Maybe Manchester the 6th? <<
>
> I believe the sixth was Albany, at least from what I've read elsewhere.

Perhaps, since eastern Berkshire country would get a good signal from
WAAF, at least from its current transmitter location.  But maybe it was
a southern New Hampshire market like Nashua.  How's the signal up
there?

And here's what's so silly about this COL change, from the FCC decision:

   We believe the public interest would be served by reallotting Channel
   297B to Westborough, Massachusetts, since it would provide the
   community with its first local aural transmission service, without
   depriving Worcester of its sole local service.

As if a single solitary thing will change on WAAF with the exception of
a hushed "Westborough" after the calls at the top of the hour.

Paul