NH, VT Public Radio applaud $200 million gift from McDonalds widow

Brian Vita brian_vita@cssinc.com
Sat Nov 8 11:45:58 EST 2003

> --- Larry Weil <kc1ih@mac.com> wrote:
>
> > Joan Kroc leaves millions to Public Radio.
>
> ..and word has it People for the Ethical Treatment of
> Animals is already expressing their distaste (so
> to speak) for the "blood money" (all those Big
> Macs) that will be going to NPR. Howie Carr mentioned
> there was a protest, and one sign spoofed the
> name of a long-running NPR show thusly:
> "Mourning Edition"...So I suppose if Kentucky
> Fried Chicken gives $200 million to PETA, they'll
> turn it down? :)

Think that there's any chance that NPR will turn down their welfare check
from Uncle Sam this year (or at least part of it) since they got the big
donation and let some other government gimme agency squander the money
instead?

Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
75 Walnut St. - Ste 4
Peabody, MA  01960-5626 USA
Sales: (800)231-8849/Sales Fax (800)329-2775
Bus Ofc +1-978-538-7575/Business Ofc Fax +1-978-538-7550
www.cssinc.com