XM gets "sirius"

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Sun Dec 28 21:53:37 EST 2003

At 9:39 PM -0500 12/28/03, Garrett Wollman wrote:

>   However, many broadcasters still believe Arbitron when
>they say that overall "usage of radio" has actually increased.  (I
>personally find Arbitron's methodology so dubious as to require large
>quantities of salt taken with everything they say.)

And since Arbitron's customer base may depend on the perception that
radio listenership is not declining, it is probably to their
advantage not to report bad news.

I also noticed on the Sirius website that they are offering a
lifetime subscription (the life of the radio) for $399 thru Jan 31.
I'm quite tempted, especially considering the recent loss of one
format in the area, but I think I'll wait until I buy my next car.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH