XM gets "sirius"

Ben Gore ben@hrdent.com
Sun Dec 28 13:36:27 EST 2003

SteveOrdinetz wrote:

>> Quite possibly.  The question was whether there enough such people to
>> be able to support 2 (or even 1) such service.  My reply was that
>> despite all the griping by the radio/music geeks, most people seem to
>> be relatively satisfied with the "free" offerings.

...Or they choose to listen to their own music collection that they
burned a compilation CD from, or (now) their kid's DVDs while driving
home from soccer practice, or they talk on the cell phone, or message by
wireless PDA or Blackberry, or  any number of other distractions they
have in the car now. At home they have all the cable/satellite channels,
the internet and everything else they had in the car.

With all these other technologies competing for time and attention, it's
getting harder for any one of them to be a winner. I hope at least one
of the satellite radio providers survive, but I wouldn't be at all
surprised to see them rolled up into a satellite TV provider or some
similar consolidation in the future.

-Ben