WV as in Victor, WVCA...

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Fri Dec 26 21:12:10 EST 2003

  Eli Polonsky wrote:
>AM drive on WMEX is Gary James,
>
>I think he's also voice-tracked on some of
>the other stations either owned or consulted by Dennis Jackson.

To call it "voicetracked" is a bit of a stretch, at least on 1480 in
Springfield, Vt (I keep wanting to call it WCFR, which I've always known
them as, but those calls are on an FM in Walpole, N.H. now).  They're
basically just generic liners..."I'm (jock) playing great oldies for
(town)".  There seem to be a half dozen or so that just repeat during their
"airshift".  WSNH uses a similar approach, though if GJ does a "shift"
there, it's when they're on night power.  Between WMJX and WHOB I can't get
106.5 here.