No more questions about WBOQ flipping formats; it happened this morning

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Tue Dec 23 07:40:29 EST 2003

On 12/22/03 5:45 PM, "Rich Chadwick" <rich@RichChadwick.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> The random spot breaks and the fact that only one holiday song played
> all day leads me to believe this inst a nationally syndicated satellite
> feed. If those two reasons aren't enough, I have five words:
>
> "Sweet City Woman - The Stampeders"
>
> ... You can't even find that in an elevator or on-hold these days.

That song was still in fairly frequent rotation on WODS before they
went Christmas music. Expect it to be back in a few days.

It's still played on most Oldies stations, including some that can
be heard in the Boston area from RI and NH such as WWBB and WQLL.

It shows up on some soft AC formats too, especially the ones that
are mostly soft oldies (WPLM-FM, maybe even WXKS-AM, etc...)

Eli Polonsky