Moxie (was RE: Dick Summer WBZ-- One Hen Two Ducks)

rogerkirk rogerkirk@mail.ttlc.net
Mon Dec 22 19:36:43 EST 2003

"Dan C" shortled:

>I find it useful to disinfect cuts and scrapes...if I can't find the
>hydrogen peroxide!!

Actually, you're not too far afield.  Moxie was originally compounded by a Medical Doctor (from Maine IIRC) and derives is bouquet from the Gentian Root which was also the basis for Gentian Violet - a vivid purple liquid compound used to treat canker sores on the gums.  It has probably fallen into disuse since the late 50's/early 60's.