WBOQ calls and "old format"...

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 12:04:12 EST 2003

Now that WBOQ has gone to a new format, I wonder:

--Will they change their call letters? Maybe to
something that's a variation of "North Shore".
They'd probably love to have "WNSH" but of course
Keating Willcox has them for his AM station;
would they try to ask Keating if he'd raise any
objections to re-branding WBOQ as "WNSH-FM"? (It
would be weird, stations with same calls on AM and
FM but different owners...)

--Will some other station in town try the previous
WBOQ format, trying to pick up that audience? I don't
really listen to WPLM-FM, but is their sound right
now similar to the standards WBOQ had in the past?
And will they try to grab away the disillusioned
WBOQ listeners?