Dick Corbin, RIP

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sun Dec 21 11:01:50 EST 2003

  I saw in the Lowell Sun earlier this week that Richard "Dick" Corbin,
former Merrimack Valley radio personality passed away on Monday 12/15 at the
age of 74. The obituary noted that Corbin graduated from the Norm Prescott
School of Broadcasting, then started his broadcasting career at WCAP (980
Lowell). From there he went to WOTW (900 Nashua NH) where he was an
announcer, then became program director and host of the French Program on
Sunday mornings, using the name Jacques Corbin. The French Program continues
on 900 in Nashua, now with the calls WSNH and hosted by Maury "Big Moe"
Parent. (who's also co-hosting a 1 hour local talk show Monday-Friday on
WSMN, 1590 in Nashua). After radio, Corbin worked at a local auto dealership
for many years.

  Maybe our esteemed radio historian Donna Halper can shed some light on the
Norm Prescott School of Broadcasting. Where was the school located (I'll
guess the Boston area) and did anyone else of note graduate from there.?

Mark Watson